Ryan kept asking me what I wanted for Christmas and since we had already gotten a few household gifts like a new DVD player that does Netflix streaming, so I thought I was covered. As a result I told him in all sincerity that all I wanted was a Christmas ornament. We don't have many and I want to add one nice one a year to the collection. Ryan insisted that wasn't acceptable and that if I wouldn't tell him what I really wanted he'd get me something else random.
Now I don't know how he got from a simple inexpensive ornament to such an over the top gift, but Ryan gave me (us) a romantic evening at a very nice hotel in Newport with a spa. He had checked with his folks to make sure they wouldn't mind watching Than for us and we had a little mini romantic vacation. A visit to the spa for pampering for me and a delightful dinner, gorgeous room with champagne and strawberries & truffles, and delicious breakfast. It couldn't have been more perfect.
The hotel was the Hotel Viking which is a historic building and just stunning with truly spectacular service. Pretty darn expensive but I would highly recommend it.
However before we left Newport I insisted on stopping at the Newport Mansion Store to get a lovely Christmas ornament like I originally desired. It is a beautiful metal (and therefore unbreakable) ornament. It is also a pineapple which has a great deal of significance to Ryan and I. I am so lucky to have such a fantastic husband and wonderful in-laws. I was officially spoiled rotten. It was absolutely perfect in every way.
No comments:
Post a Comment