Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Things are going to get out of chronological order for a bit. I still need to do a long post about the week leading up to and including Easter as well as the last week or so of hell (for me). I will do that later.

The last few days have been lovely. Than enjoyed preschool where he painted a flower pot for me for Mother's Day and planted Marigolds. The best part however was the questionnaire he did about me. These are the questions and his answers. It is great to see how his mind works...

By...Than
My Mom's name is...Mom
She is...20...years old.
She weighs...19...pounds.
Her favorite thing to do is...the computer.
She is as pretty as a...cat.
Before I was born she used to...play with her friends.
I love her most when she...plays Thomas with me.

Friday I enjoyed a great Mom's Night Out with a few lovely ladies from the moms group. We went to a paint your own pottery place and it was a lot of fun.

Saturday Ryan, Than and I went to URI's Spring Festival and plant sale. We went early because as I expected it was packed. We bought a few plants. Mostly herbs, as this year I grew most of the plants for our garden from seed. Then Ryan took Than to go to the Children's tent while I went to go donate blood. That made me very happy as I would like to donate blood more often but it is impossible to do with a toddler.

Ryan's big project of the weekend was finishing the garden fence and gate. So now I can finish planting the garden for the year and know that the deer and other animals won't eat everything. While he was working on that today Than and I enjoyed the beautiful weather and played in the sandbox. So it was a great weekend and a lovely Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment