Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A quick note...

I realize that I have been very bad about posting on here in a timely manner for the last few months. A big part of that is that when the posts are full of pictures I need to find time to get on a real computer. Quick simple posts like this I can do from my phone and that is a whole lot easier to do. I can generally only get on the computer when Than is sleeping.

Than has been running me ragged lately because he just hasn't been sleeping anywhere close to as much as he should be. A few months ago he started staying up later and later, and boycotting his naps. This combined with the fact he was getting up early in the morning made for some very long days. It got to the point where he wasn't falling asleep until almost 11pm and was getting up around 6am plus or minus a half hour. So over the last few weeks we have taken a series of steps to correct the problem and increase his sleep. Anytime you make significant changes it is painful, but the results are worthwhile. He is sleeping a lot more now. Still perfecting the routine but a definite improvement.

However with days that long, all I want (and usually need) to do is rest and hide after Than goes down. So while I'd like to say I'll be better about posting...we shall see.

I have a very long post or two coming on Than's birthday that is very picture heavy. I promise it is coming, it just requires access to the computer and a chunk of uninterrupted time. But till then, he had a great birthday, loved all his gifts and birthday activity. We also had a great time at the fireworks on the 4th (yet another post that is coming eventually).



~~

No comments:

Post a Comment