I was also happy that I would be able to get her to take a few pictures of Dustin and I together and some of him with Than. We should get the photos soon and that will be a seperate post. Than was a little uncooperative so it will be interesting to see the pictures and how they turned out.
My incredibly tall brother, slouching.
After we finished up with the walk we went down to the main drag in Newport for a nice lunch. Which included a bonus of a parade going past where we were eating that we had no idea would be happening. Than was thrilled.
Tuesday night I had an appointment in the evening and Dustin went with me so we could go out to dinner afterwards. It was great. We went for sushi, had yummy food and continued to catch up.
On Thursday we went to the Aquarium. As always Than wanted to show off his buddy Juno the whale. Which actually led to one of the funniest things I have ever seen. God I wish I had it on video. Juno was in rare form. He is usually fun because unlike the other whales he seems to be fascinated by and genuinely interested in interacting with people. But he seems to have learned a new trick. On the day we went he was hanging out right by the glass and making silly slightly aggressive faces at people (children in particular) like this:

Juno saying "Boo!"
Now Than watched Juno do this several times, like to this little girl and then he swam away. So Than went up to the glass to watch Juno swim back around. I'm not sure exactly what happened next but I think he looked back toward Dustin and I. When he turned to look back in the tank Juno was right up against the glass next to Than, making that "Boo!" face at him. Than screamed and flipped out running towards me until he was hiding behind my legs. Now I know Than was intentionally hamming it up like we do when we pretend scare each other at home, but it was still hysterically funny. Everyone there started laughing.


Dustin and Than in the "Alvin"
After that we took Dustin to the shops at Mystic Village for him to find a gift for his girlfriend. We also had to make a stop at the duck pond, Than insisted. Also hysterical, watching Than try to sneak up on a duck.

Than was very easily distracted by ducks so I was demonstrating, and then planned to back away. Dustin thought this was funnier.
On Friday we just stayed at home on a very rainy day and enjoyed the last day of his visit. Dustin spent much of it on the floor playing with Than's cars and construction equipment all of which now turn into Devastator since Than saw part of the Transformers movie. I think Dustin will be very happy to not hear about Devastator for a long time.
So in summary, it was a wonderful visit and we won't let it be as long before his next visit. It was so nice to be able to just sit and talk for hours, something we haven't been able to do in years.
great pictures! i'm glad you had a such a wonderful visit with your family. the dolphin shot is priceless!
ReplyDelete