GeoTagged, [N41.48766, E72.09632]
So we continue to be very busy getting ready for the move later this week. Lots of frantic packing and lots of errands, having the Thanksgiving holiday right in the middle of this busy period was less than ideal but was still fun.
For the actual holiday we went over to Jenn and Eric's place. Eric's parents and another Navy family were also there. So we ended up with 8 adults and 6 kids for dinner. I made the sweet potato caserole, mashed potatos, pumpkin pie and German chocolate cupcakes. This was after making a full Thanksgiving dinner earlier in the week for Ryan. He demanded that I brine him a turkey so that he would have lots of leftovers. Boy did he get that, I think he has eaten more than 10 pounds of turkey in the last week or so. The real highlight was that Than had a wonderful time playing with all the other kids. He was running around screeching and having a blast. At one point Than and Alvin were playing in the front room while the older kids had gone upstairs and we noticed that the boys were suddenly quiet. Never a good sign. Jenn went in to check on them..they were up to no good. They were playing in the dogs water dish and as such were both soaked head to toe. Since it was a dish with a big jug attached to it they had also done a pretty good job of flooding the front room in the process. That was our cue to leave, but it was fun and we were ready to go anyway.
I should run. I need to work on dinner and continue packing while Than is distracted by Curious George. I'll update everyone later in the week but I'm just thrilled that by this time next week we will be in the new house and the worst will be over.
No comments:
Post a Comment