Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been a while


It's been a while and things have been busy and also monotonous. Ryan was out of town again for a week and when he is gone it becomes groundhogs day for Than and I. Usually I try to make a point of taking Than out to do stuff and distract him when Ryan is out of town, but as Than had a cold and was clearly contagious that wasn't an option this time. So we stuck around the house and had a decent week. Our only big adventure of the week was the snow storm. First of all the major snow storms missed us, but we did get some significant snow after that. Initially it was only supposed to be a few inches but they eventually forecast over a foot. Luckily I was able to get a recommendation for a reliable plow guy. He was great and we are now on his list for anytime it snows over 6 inches.

I took Than to play outside the day before the snow so he could burn off a little energy. He had more fun running around in the house after we came back in. He loved the sound of the heavy shoes on the wood and tile. But the photos cracked me up, especially since he alternates between running around like a mad man and being absolutely hypnotized by Curious George.

Before Ryan left he got a new exercise bike, which he quickly learned that he can't use when Than is awake or he has to hold him the whole time. Not the best thing for a work out, but I find it funny.

Other than that not too much has been going on. Than continues to be a remarkably destructive child. You give him anything, no matter how theoretically childproof and he will hand it back to you in pieces a few minutes later. This week he even managed to break the back panel off his crib during a boisterous boycott of his nap. His latest favorite trick is taking the batteries out of the remote control and putting them in backwards when you leave the room. It is always interesting to see what he will do next. I never have a clue what it will be, but he has a plan and is a very focused and determined little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Mia came up stairs and said "I eat Lion King" She had completley destroyed the 2 DVD's in the case!!

    ReplyDelete