Everytime Ryan goes out of town it obviously upsets Than a great deal and he becomes a nightmare behavior wise and I have to do everything I can to distract him.
The saving grace of this last travel period for Ryan was that on the very same day he left town, Jenn and family moved back. So I dropped Ryan off at the base in Groton and then went to go pick up Alvin from their new house in housing. The plan was for me to take Alvin for the day so that the boys could play and Jenn and Eric would be able to unload the truck and move in. Than was so excited to see Alvin and the family. The boys were so happy to see each other. They had the best day. They ran around like crazy playing, laughing, screeching generally having a blast. Well past their normal nap time I finally put them down anyway even though they pretending they weren't tired. The only part that upset them was that they were put down in separate rooms.
Alvin woke up from his nap first so I took him downstairs and got him settled before going back upstairs to get Than. When Than woke up the first thing he said was "Alvin?". I told him that Alvin was downstairs and we were going down to see him. His response was "Alvin, Alvin now!". They enjoyed the rest of the evening until I had to return Alvin.
I am so happy to have them back and the boys are even happier. We got them together several times in the next week and it was great fun. Best of all for me was that it delayed Than's Daddy's Gone meltdown by several days.
I'm so glad to be back hon. Thanks a million for keeping Alvin for us while we unloaded the truck!
ReplyDelete