Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pin-up Photo Shoot


So just over a month ago now I had a Pin-up photo shoot. It had actually been planned for months but at the last minute I had to scramble and find a babysitter for Than once we learned that Ryan would be out of town.

Now anyone who knows me knows I have always loved classic pin-up art. I have collected images for years and to my great surprise (as I was going through the images to find ones I wanted to mimic and poses that I thought were physically possible) I realized the number of images I now have is easily over a thousand. So when the photographer who did such an amazing job with our family photos on the beach announced that she was doing a pin-up package that included the hair and make up I couldn't resist. I was a little uneasy as by nature I would much prefer to be behind the camera instead of in front of it, but it turned out to be a fantastic experience.

The photos above are only a few of the favorites. There are many more poses and images and overall they all turned out beautifully. I am disappointed in a few but only because the hyper critical photographer in me is unhappy with some of the lines and angles. I just wish I could have seen it as she did so I could have twisted my shoulder a little more in one direction etc. But even with that I had such a great time and have so many more poses and possibilities running through my head that it would be fun to do. Now I just need to find the time to play with the images and edit and tweak them.

Ryan loves most of the photos. Initially he was a little nervous about the photos. His first comment when I said I wanted to do the shoot was, "What if our kids found the photos one day!". I explained I wasn't planning on doing anything that risqué. Playful, flirtatious, a bit sexy but showing less skin than a bikini would. I did far better in front of the camera than I expected. I am so familiar with the style and general poses that I was able to get into them pretty easily, though some of them are physically painful to maintain for more than a few seconds.

Now all that is left is to decide which ones go in the calendar that was also part if the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment