Thankfully life seems to be continuing to pay us back for that week of hell by going very well. Even with Ryan out of town for a big chunk of it the last two weeks have been great.
As usual Than did very well during the first few days that Ryan was gone, but eventually starts calling for Daddy and needs distraction. Our friend Eric came over for dinner and did a wonderful job of distracting Than. Our son loves attention, especially if it comes from someone other than Mommy and Daddy. He is such a little ham, he was just laughing and giggling up a storm. The next day I hosted the 2 & under playgroup at our house and it was a fairly small group which I liked. Than got to play with the little ones and show off his sandbox and slide in the backyard.
The next day, on Friday Ryan was coming home so I wasn't planning on going anywhere but it was a beautiful day and some of the moms were going to the beach, so at the last minute I decided to pack Than up and join them. We went to a lovely little beach that is at the URI Bay Campus. Most people don't know it exists so getting directions was a pain and I got a bit lost but found it eventually. Plus now that I know how to get there I have a feeling we will go there a lot this summer. The water is still quite cold so we expected the kids to mostly play in the sand. Which the rest did, but Than being the little water baby that he is kept trying to wade out and swim away. Everytime he got to his waist I would wade in and grab him to drag him back. The only moment of tantrum and unpleasantness came when Than tried to run up and throw wet sand at one of the moms, Katie. I managed to intercept him before he could throw it in her face and he was really upset. I guess he had just seen her daughter dump some sand on her so I guess he didn't know why he wasn't allowed. We had a great time. In fact the only downside was that he was having so much fun I felt awful having to load him up and take him home for his nap.
Saturday was another beautiful day. Since Ryan was home we took advantage of it and went to the farmer's market in South Kingston. As it was early in the season it was mostly starter plants for garden and landscaping. But that was a good thing because we were able to get many more plants for our vegetable garden.
Ryan's big project of the moment is an elaborate and lovely fence he has planned to put around our garden to keep all the woodland (and neighborhood) critters out of it. For this project he obviously required a bunch of lumber and such that certainly won't fit in our tiny cars, so thankfully Eric brought his truck and went to Home Depot with Ryan on Sunday. Eric stayed for dinner and a fire after Than went to bed so it was a really nice day.
We were able to get a babysitter for Ryan's birthday, so we had a nice date night out. Then the next night I was able to enjoy a moms night out with a few of the ladies from the group. Then throw in a trip to the park and it was a very full and fun week.
No comments:
Post a Comment