Saturday, November 27, 2010

Halloween


Yes for those paying attention, Halloween fell just a few days after I left the hospital and wasn't still anywhere close to 100% yet. As such it was a lower key Halloween. My mom had provided a Sheriffs cowboy hat and a kerchief, and we already had cowboy boots, jeans and a flannel shirt...so cowboy for Halloween it was. I also had much of the same so I dressed up with him.

We didn't go trick or treating because a) our neighborhood in the boonies won't work for that and b) all the public trick or treating activities were scheduled for during his nap time. However the Aquarium was having a Halloween members event. Much of it geared to older kids with a haunted house and carnival games, but they had things like a firetruck and firefighters from Mystic there letting the kids explore the truck and giving out plastic firehats. Than was so in love with his he insisted on wearing it for most of the rest of the day, which kind of ruined the cowboy thing but it made him happy so it was a big win.

Next year when he's bigger and understands the concept more (and I am hopefully feeling better) we will make a bigger deal of things and go trick or treating. Still it was a nice day this time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment