So a week a go the Washington County Mom's Club sponsored the Animal Experience. Apparently every year or so they hire this guy to come and bring all these animals to show to the kids. For the first half he takes them all out one by one and tells the kids about them. What they are, where they are from, how big they get etc.
Now Than wasn't interested in that part at all. All he wanted to do was run around in circles and try to make a break for it. Since he wasn't playing along and I didn't want him distracting the kids who were paying attention so I took him out into the hallway to run around. I have to admit I felt a little better when the other two moms with little boys Than's age followed me out a moment later. Every once in a while we would try to take them back in only to realize it wasn't going to work out.
The second half of it was where the kids actually got to touch and hold the animals. This Than was thrilled with. These animals were the calmest creatures I have ever seen. They were surrounded by about 30 hyper toddlers and preschoolers and could have cared less. They were so mellow that pretty much all of them were just passed around to whoever wanted to hold them. There were a lot of turtles of various sizes, 10 or 15 snakes of all different types, lizards, a gigantic rabbit, a chinchilla, hedgehog, and a 3 1/2 foot alligator. I'm sure I'm forgeting things but Than was truly enchanted by the snakes, a snapping turtle in particular and the gator. In fact when the guy got the gator out Than ran up and kissed it on the nose!
I only wish I could have gotten some photos, but I was too busy chasing Than and trying to keep him from getting into too much trouble. I only have the photo above because one of the other moms thought it was funny and took the photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment