Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rodger Williams Park Zoo

On Thursday the 2 & Under playgroup went to the zoo in Providence. Now I have never been but had heard that it was really nice. We actually had a fairly large group...8 or so adults and 10+ children. Luckily enough of the ladies had memberships that covered guests, and kids under 3 are free so no one had to pay to get in. It is a very nice zoo, a decent size but not ridiculously big and very stroller friendly...though the kids didn't want to stay in the strollers.




As usual Than had a great time and was completely fearless. He kept trying to climb into all the enclosures. Those that had high fences with no gaps, he tried to climb on trash cans to boost himself over. For example, he kept pointing to the elephants and saying "I want that". He loved chasing after all the other kids and it was a really fun group. Some of the animals weren't out yet, but we still got to see a lot and Than was now old enough to enjoy it. He continued to meow or roar at everything...which still cracks me up.




Part way through the day I got him a new hat and it was cute in addition to being useful.
I will definitely be taking him back again a few times this summer. I will probably buy a membership when we next have family or guests in town. It is certainly worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Roger Williams Zoo. We went probably 10 times last year. If we still lived up there, I'd definitely by a membership.

    ReplyDelete