When we got back into the exam room, he was a total pain. He would not sit still, was into everything (as the photos show) and kept trying to escape. He fought like crazy whenever anybody tried to hold him or mess with him. We had a new doctor for the day, our old one who we loved moved over to the Naval hospital...hows that for timing. Anyway Than continues to be in great health but the concern continues about his weight in particular. He was 19 1/2 pounds and 29 1/2 inches long. That puts him at about the 7% for height and he is no longer even on the chart for weight which was very disappointing but not unexpected. Ever since he started really moving around his weight gain slowed to a near halt. I guess we just need to push even more calories than we already were to make up for all the ones he is burning off. Even the nurses seemed surprised by how active he is, he really never stops moving. They advised me to put olive or canola oil in with his mush to bump up the calories and healthy fat. We shall see what he thinks of that. But I no longer feel bad for giving him fried foods like french fries.....

Gimme four weeks feeding him, and I'll have him fat as a grub. :) Who doesn't like fat, protein, and sugar?
ReplyDeleteYou can do it.
I think I would personally avoid the canola oil and either give olive oil or coconut fat...
ReplyDeleteSounds like my lil guy. he is NEVER still.